Cathy has been taking part in Dryathlon this January, giving up alcohol for the first month of the year to raise money for Cancer Research UK. She’s almost halfway there and has managed 2 weeks already. Just 2 more (… and a bit) to go Cathy!
It’s been well worth it, as she has raised over £500 already through generous donations from friends, family and colleagues. If you’d like to support her in her quest, you can donate here:
In doing this, Cathy has discovered some delicious non-alcoholic alternatives. Whether you are a fellow ‘dryathlete’, or just fancy a change, here are a couple of ideas for non-alcoholic drinks.
GINGER MOJITO MOCKTAIL
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- Ice cubes
- 4 teaspoons Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 3 ounces club soda
- In a tall glass, muddle together the mint leaves and lime juice.
- Add the Zulka sugar and fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add the ginger ale and club soda, and stir well.
- Garnish the mocktail with a lime wedge before serving (optional).
- Elderflower cordial
- Sparkling apple juice
- Ice cubes
- Put the mint leaves and cucumber into a tall glass.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add the elderflower cordial and apple juice, and stir well.
- Garnish with an umbrella (optional).