Kitchen hygiene and in particular avoiding cross contamination is top of everyone’s agenda right now. We’ve been researching some of the best kitchen equipment out there to ensure maximum effectiveness when it comes to hygiene. Here are some of our top picks:
Hygiene amplification system
According to the manufacturers, this wall mounted hygiene amplification system eradicates bacteria and viruses including Covid-19 using a combination of the most effective air and surface sterilisation technologies available. It provides round-the-clock hygiene and safety protection, controls odours and has also significantly been proven to prolong the life of fresh perishable foods.
The units are proven to kill Escherichia coli (E. coli), Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), Clostridium difficile (C. difficile), Aspergillus fumigatus, and other primary sources of infections as well as eliminating bacteria, viruses, moulds, fungi and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), both in the air and on exposed surfaces.
- Significantly improves hygiene standards to levels impossible to maintain with traditional cleaning methods alone
- Eliminates bacteria, viruses, moulds, fungi and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), both in the air and on exposed surfaces, even in the hardest to reach places
- Safe to use and for the environment
- Improves infection control for staff and customers
- Eradicates unpleasant odours by tackling them at source
- Proven to deplete harmful Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria innocua from surfaces to undetectable levels
- Proven to reduce spoilage by extending the shelf-life of perishable food on average by 58%, and up 150% for certain produce
- Low energy consumption, only 85 watt
- Easy to change lamp and backup battery, requires no onsite engineer
- Power via a plug that allows flexible installation and easy connection to existing sockets or to switched spurs
Available in two colours (white and titanium). They plug in with a back up battery.
Price is £305.00 plus vat to include delivery for the white one and £317.00 plus vat for the titaninum coloured one
Hands free mobile sink unit
We like this because it can be moved around, providing hot water and soap wherever you need it, (dispenser optional) which is key in the fight against coronavirus. It’s also hands free so nobody needs to touch the taps with their hands.
- Foot operated water pump
- Soap dispenser holder (optional extra)
- Paper towel holder (optional extra)
- Rear wheels and handle for easy manoeuvering
- 15 litres capacity
- 3kW and supplied with a 13amp plug (600W element available)
- Easy removable waste water receptacle
- Water temperature maintained at 42 degrees
- Pressure cut out prevents hot water tank from boiling dry
- Manufactured from high grade stainless steel
It seems the coronavirus is killed at temperatures in excess of 60°C and therefore for warewashing, the same advice that relates to e coli bacteria is relevant.
In summary, washing crockery and glasses in a normal dish/glasswasher which is well maintained and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions i.e. correctly loaded and using suitable detergent and rinse aid will prevent cross contamination.
Getting the best out of your dishwasher
- Keep it clean
- Ensure it is regularly maintained by trained engineers
- Use the correct detergent and rinse aid
- Remove limescale – ensure your water treatment equipment is working correctly
- Pre-rinse the soiled ware to remove loose particles
- Use the correct racks and load them properly – do not overload them
- Where machines have more than one cycle, the most effective results will be obtained using the longest cycle and always allow the machine to complete its full cycle
- Allow the ware to dry before unloading the racks
We like the M-iClean because it requires minimum handling.
The M-iClean H opens and closes itself with just a gentle touch from the operator. Silent. Reliable. Effortless.
The ergonomic concept of the M-iClean H means no more awkward loading and unloading or twisting, no unnecessary waiting time, no more stooping or bending.
Never polish again! The optional drying table is the smart solution for even faster washware loading and unloading.
For more information on any of the above products get in touch. We’re here to help!